Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard



It took me some time last night to install the new version of the Mac OS X. I got an install failure 3 times in a row and so I had to do a fresh install, which in the long run will probably be best anyways. I wasn't that excited this morning about it since I was extremely excited after watching the guided tour and then I was up late last night and I knew I had to go and download all of my programs again. Now that I am 90% complete with the transformation, I do have to say it looks gorgeous, just look at my screen capture. What makes me very happy is the iCal doesn't say that it's July 17 ever day anymore. I haven't tried Time Machine, but it is designed to back up your system however often you would like and should be amazing. Spaces is also a nice feature, you can multiple screens of things your working on, for instance one screen could have your iTunes playing why in another you could be surfing the web, and without minimizing every minute or so you just click on the other space, kind of a cool feature. I also updated my iLife to '08 and I feel like I got a new computer, a nice little investment indeed. Leopard will only set you back $129 (Amazon had it on sale the other day) $199 for the family pack (5 computers) and iLife is $79 and $99 for a family pack (5 computers). Microsoft Vista Premium upgrade would cost a family of 5 well over $750. Well, I don't really have the time or patience to tell you everything that is new, but if you would like to read more or watch a video or two go to Apple's site and tell me what you think.

[Apple]

No comments: