Monday, September 03, 2007

Reply to a post on Jimmy the Gun

Reply to a post on Jimmy the Gun
I originally started this as just a comment, then it was getting too long, so I decided to post my opinion on the subject here.



#1. Agree, I would love to have a copy and paste function [original post].

#2. Disagree, I like the keypad just how it is, I don't need the feed back that lots of people love. I do wish when your doing IM that when you rotate the iPhone you would have a bigger keypad, but really it wouldn't be that easy to type holding is sideways, so I am happy the way it is.

#3. Disagree, Safari on the iPhone is amazing, it is a total Internet experience. I don't know the circumstances that you were running into, I have never had that problem. I would say the only drawback for me is that it won't let you view flash videos, which is more than half of Youtubes arsenal and other sites that like to post videos.

#4. Agree, I think that Edge is too slow for most instances on the internet, but for looking at the weather, checking your email, and finding out what movie is playing where and when it plays is just fine. Trying to watch a Youtube video is rough but doable.

A couple of things you might want to think twice about is the sim card is 3G, just wait, we could see a software update in the next few days (hint, hint 9/5/07), or in the next few months with a software patch that would allow 3G, but who knows. Also, for how functional this phone is, there is no way that they developed it in 12 months, probably when they started it they only had Edge to work with, and by the time 3G was started to be used, it was too late to change.

The best thing about the iPhone is that other developers see what people want with their cell phones and this will make them develop better phones to compete, and then makes the industry stronger. Look at the Nokia on engadget.

I don't like to admit things like this, but not everything in life can be perfect, but I try to be the iPhone is almost.

No comments: