Monday, August 20, 2007

Call out to ban Paramount


I am very disappointed on today's announcement from Paramount to support HD-DVD over Blu-ray. I have read that there was a large amount of money exchanged for this deal, but have not seen anything to really confirm it. The only thing I really know is that Blu-ray is out selling HD-DVD 2 to 1 and that more studios still only support the Blu-ray. Just days ago it seemed that this Christmas season would make or brake HD-DVD, but now it has a little more support with Transformers and Shrek the Third coming out. All I am asking my readers is to avoid buying a HD-DVD player if you are looking to get Transformers in HD, just wait. It may take a little longer, but in time you will be able to buy Transformers on Blu-ray someday when HD-DVD goes down the same path as DivX, SACD, etc.

No comments: