Friday, July 20, 2007

The year of the PS3 (My two cents)



Is it time to believe in the PS3, you bet. After lots of speculation of a price drop for the PS3, Sony announced at E3 last week that indeed they would lower the price of PS3 a $100. Amazon was selling them like hotcakes by offering a PS3 with a free remote and a Blu-ray movie. As you know I have talked up lots of Blu-ray titles on here and I can't tell you how much better they look than DVD's, they just do. Recently the Ninja Gaiden series came to the PS3; was always a Xbox exclusive. Next month John Woo's sequel to the Hard Boiled movie "Stranglehold" comes out on both the 360 and the PS3, but the PS3 version comes with Hard Boiled on Blu-ray in HD while the 360 version doesn't have a HD-DVD version. Xbox announced that they would be upgrading everyones warranty originally 90 days, then upgraded to 1 year and now 3 years because lots of people are getting the 3 rings of death(which I have encountered along with 3 of my close buddies). Then a few days ago, Peter Moore leaves Xbox to go work for EA Sports, what is that about, Peter Moore was with Sega when the Dreamcast was released and we know that the Dreamcast didn't last (even though it was a decent system). Did he jump ship because he saw something bad, who knows, is Microsoft in a world of trouble, well, we all know their game devision has been loosing money from day one, but they do have Halo 3, so I can't say they are history, I just think that the PS3 is going to catch up and they see it. I know the price is keeping most of you away from it, but like the iPhone, you add up what you all get and you are getting an amazing deal. I was so gunho for the 360 for the first year, but now I just see amazing things coming out from the Sony dugout, I can guarantee one thing, that this Christmas season is going to be an amazing time for the gaming world. I just wanted you to know how I feel.

"Ninja Gaiden Sigma"


"John Woo's Stranglehold"

1 comment:

James Guhn said...

Those screen shots look awesome. What versions are coming out? I heard the 60gig is going to disappear. Is that true?