Thursday, May 18, 2006

Audi Streets of Tomorrow Event



I can't believe I didn't tell you about this the other day. On Sunday May 14, 2006 I went to Mountain View, CA for an Audi event that was out of this world. I went with my sister and her boyfriend along with his parents.

I really didn't know what to expect, since my previous experience for one of these events was GM one I went to a couple of years ago where they fed you a sack lunch and lots of water since it was like 90 degrees and we got to drive lots of different cars, but of course the prize cars the H2 and Corvette had 2 hours long lines, you guessed that right, I never got to drive those two. I do have to say this Audi event was nothing like the GM event.

First off it is an Audi, and were treated with a lot of respect. We started of the day driving the brand new not available Audi Q7 on surface streets, no closed track here. It was so smooth and the features it had were amazing. Then we came back to a closed track event and got to ride shotgun in a S4 with a professional driver, let me just tell you we were driving like 60 mph in a small parking lot, no wonder why they didn't give us the keys.

Next, we went back inside to check out the food they were offering and to get some water. Oh man, Audi had it going on, they had this catering company out of the Bay Area and they were serving up some of the best catered food ever from sushi to fresh crab to local cheeses. Lets just say we stayed inside for a while. Next we got on a shuttle to go to another parking lot that was made into a test course and we were giving a choice of 3 cars to drive. I drove an A8, A6, and the Q7 again. Talk about a classy car, Audi is amazing.

After all of the driving we came back to get a free caricature from he artist that was there, as we waited for him to get off his brake, we hit the fine foods again. If you can't already tell, I recommend you hitting one of these events since there is only a few left, Atlanta, Seattle, Miami, and Dallas. Also, Audi sold me, and if you were there they would have sold you too.

[Audi]

No comments: