Wednesday, February 22, 2006

1 Billion songs


Apple iTunes sold their 1 billionth song tonight around 10:15PM PST. I thought I was being cool by bringing my laptop to my buddies house to play some XBOX 360. I had the Apple website up showing me the number of songs sold. It was getting close, but there were some 50,000 songs to go and my buddies girlfriend, we will call her AO, came out and asked about the promotion. I opened iTunes and showed her the song I was going to purchase and told her about what Apple was going to give away. If you haven't already heard, iTunes was going to give the person who downloaded the billionth song an 20 inch iMac, 10 iPod videos, and a $10,000 iTunes gift card. She was really excited and quickly said your going to miss your chance, I was like, no way, but low and behold just after 43 seconds, I came back to Apples home page and saw the picture you see here. Someone had downloaded the billionth song. I was so mad, I missed the opportunity of a lifetime. Bob and Geoff were mad too, because I told them that I was going to give them an iPod. We quickly told AO to go up stairs. That is my story and to put the icing on the cake as they say, when I originally wrote this my computer over heated and shut off, and I had to write the whole thing over, so if you don't like how it is written you can say thanks to AO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn that woman, the one we call AO!