Sunday, October 23, 2005

Addicted to Zelda

I need to come out and say that I am addicted to Zelda. It all started back in 1987 when I was at my buddies house for the weekend, he little brother had this system called the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). He was playing a game called The Adventures of Zelda. I asked if I could play and he made a character with my name and said here. I fell in love it so much that when I came home I wanted to go and buy a NES. I counted my money and waited to have the right amount to go and buy the NES system and Zelda. I never had a game console prior to this other than a Commodore 64 that we got rid of in 1985. In 1991 the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) came out and I heard that Zelda A Link to the Past was coming out for that system. It was time to upgrade and get the new system. That game was amazing with 16 bit graphics and stereo sound. I quickly fell in love with and beat it, this system turned out some great games. Then I started working and I didn't have time to play and the system and all of the games got boxed up and put up in my closet. I unfortunately sold the whole system to one of my employees. I look back now and wish that I would have never sold that system. Quite a few years passed and I didn't think or play Zelda and life was good, I thought, the PS2 came out in 1999 with a lot of people wanted the system, but only so many systems were made. My sister in law new someone at Toys R' Us and she helped me get a system. I quickly got into the swing of playing games again, no Zelda, but the Grand Theft Auto series kept me entertained. My brother gave me a NES with 10 games one being Zelda of course and I played it for long time. Then a year and half ago, I started playing Halo with some buddies and I picked up a XBOX and I played some good games, but nothing compared to Zelda, then a few months ago I started playing Zelda A link to the Past and it all came back to me. I started looking on Ebay and tried to find the perfect SNES and found one with 4 games. I quickly ordered Zelda A Link to the Past and Contra III. I loved that game that I started looking at every Zelda game made. I found a Zelda Special Edition disc for the Game Cube that included Zelda, Zelda II, Zelda: ocarina of Time, and Zelda: Majora's Mask, so I bought a Game Cube from Nintendo. I then picked up Zelda: The Wind Maker and then picked up The Game Boy player that connects to the bottom of the Game Cube to play Zelda: The Minish Cap. This is when I decided that I was addicted to Zelda. I love this new game The Minish Cap. I played it for 2 hours last night and I just can't put it down. I recommend if you are a Zelda fan, go and get a Game Cube/ Game Boy player port, a Game Boy Advance/Micro, or Nintendo DS and buy this game. It is so much fun. So if you lost count of how many different Zelda games I have the tally is 9 Zelda games with 3 different ports of A Link to the Past. Yes, I am addicted to Zelda.








No comments: