Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Vonage

I just got Vonage, and it's amazing. Vonage is a phone service that runs over your broadband Internet service. I just plugged the Vonage box into my router and setup took about 10 minutes. I was able to use my old phone number. For a monthly fee of $24.99 I get unlimited phone calls in the U.S. and Canada. I have caller ID, call forwarding, voicemail, which I set up to email me a WAV file of the message, so I can listen to my voice mail anywhere in the world via the internet. How cool does that sound. Check it out Vonage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also, have a look at Skype (skype.com). Google bought this company fairly recently. Skype is basically a free program that lets you turn your computer into a VoIP phone. You can call other people who have Skype at no charge. You may also dial-up regular old telephone numbers for a small fee. I hear Skype is booming in the UK and soon will be making quite a splash in the US.
- J Slice